[ic] Losing value of scratch variables!

Michael Stearne interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 02:51:01 2002

I have some scratch variables that I set throughout the site.  All
variables remain intact and set as long as the user doesn't go to the
secure area.  Is there any way to share or set scratch variables
between the non-secure and secure area of the site?

You can see the example at by going to http://em.feamerch.com/ which
redirects to www.feamerch.com and then sets a scratch variable.  That
is retained when clicking around.  But if you then click "Log In" at
the top of the page which sends you to the secure server, the scratch
variable is lost (you can tell by the image in the top left changing
to an R).

Any ideas.... besides setting a cookie and putting CookieDomain
.feamerch.com in catalog.cfg... that may not work because the scratch
variables are used setting [seti]

Thanks,
Michael