[ic] quantity pricing for product groups

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 15:21:01 2002

Guten Tag Goetz,

I just set this up this way:

I have a product group called "BPS" which is supposed to be regular price,
unless 3-9 are ordered, when it's supposed to be $10.00 each, and when 10 or
more are ordered, it's $9.50 each.

In catalog.cfg, these are set:

PriceField     CommonAdjust

CommonAdjust   pricing:price_group,q3,q10, ;products:price, ;$
AutoModifier   pricing:price_group

Here's the structure dump of my pricing DB:

CREATE TABLE pricing (
  sku char(64) NOT NULL default '',
  price_group char(12) default NULL,
  q3 char(12) default NULL,
  q5 char(12) default NULL,
  q10 char(12) default NULL,
  q25 char(12) default NULL,
  q100 char(12) default NULL,
  w3 char(12) default NULL,
  w5 char(12) default NULL,
  w10 char(12) default NULL,
  w25 char(12) default NULL,
  w100 char(12) default NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (sku),
  UNIQUE KEY sku (sku),
  KEY sku_2 (sku)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Each item that is in the BPS group to be discounted has an entry in the
pricing DB like this:

sku	price_group	q3	q5	q10	q25	q100	w3	w5	w10	w25	w100
BP084	BPS		10.00	10.00	9.50	9.50	9.50	NULL	NULL	NULL	NULL	NULL

I left the q5, q25, and q100 fields in there in case I want to set different
price breaks in the future.  The only drawback to this method I can tell is
the CommonAdjust pricing isn't processed the same way as the [discount] tag,
therefore a customer's quantity savings aren't going to show up using the
[item-difference] tag.

-Russ