[ic] imagemap help -- area tag not using cookies?

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 22:42:00 2002

Bob Ramstad <rramstad@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Howdy.  As promised, my second weird one.
>
> I'm trying to use imagemaps as a method of navigation.  I found the
> AREA tag and it seems to do most of what I'd like to do.  However, for
> some weird reason, the AREA tags will occasionally tack on the ID
> stuff to the query string of the URL instead of using cookies.
>
> I've definitely seen cases where the URL displayed at the top of my
> browser ends in .html i.e. no query string and yet the URLs that AREA
> give me have query strings at the end.
>
> So, I ask the assembled masses...  Any suggestions or tips on getting
> imagemaps to work properly within IC as a navigational system?  Any
> thoughts on weird things that could be causing cookies to be dropped
> when using imagemaps?  And finally, anyone successfully including
> imagemaps in fields populated from the database?  How do you do it?
>
> Thanks in advance for all the help... We're remarkably close to
> getting our new site finished... just a few details and then the
> checkout process to go.

No problems with imagemaps here, e.g.:

		<AREA SHAPE="RECT" COORDS="1,219,157,232" HREF="[area href="service/kompetenz/index.html"]" TARGET="_parent">

Ciao
        Racke

--
Think of it !

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices