[ic] UI IC tags in comment field [ becoming [

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Jan 26 15:29:01 2002

Bob Ramstad wrote:

> Howdy.  I've got a couple of weird ones here, I'll write them up
> separately.
>
> We've been imbedding IC tags in the comment fields for many of our
> items as we use imagemaps within some items to get to other items.
>
> I use [pragma safe_data] in the flypage so that HTML and IC tags are
> rendered properly.
>
> In the last couple of days, we've run into what seems to be a very
> weird issue.  A page with an imagemap working great will mysteriously
> stop working when edited to fix some other minor problem.
>
> I duplicated this in the UI, and I know what is happening, but I
> don't know why or how to fix it.
>
> I went into the UI, picked an item to edit, and viewed the contents of
> the COMMENT field.  Everything looked fine, with some lines like
>
> <AREA ... href="[area foo]" ...>
> <AREA ... href="[area bar]" ...>
>
> I made a minor change to a completely unrelated part of the item page,
> and verified that the imagemap no longer worked for the item.
>
> When I went back into the UI, that same snippet now looks like
>
> <AREA ... href="&#91;area foo]" ...>
> <AREA ... href="&#91;area bar]" ...>
>
> and in fact, ALL the left brackets are being changed to &#91; in the
> entire comment.
>
> The truly odd thing is that this doesn't happen on the initial edit,
> just on successive ones.  I.E. if I change each of these back, and
> click OK, the imagemap for that item will work fine again, but if the
> item is ever edited again, it'll revert.
>
> So, any thoughts?  Anyone else seen this behavior in the UI?  Any
> suggestions on getting it to stop?

The UI page "template_edit.html" und "page_edit.html" have codes, which
use [filter entities]. Maybe, that is the cause? But I'm very wondering,
why is that filter konverting one characters into entities only and all
other characters not? This happen with "flex_select.html" too! For
example:

&lt;UL>&lt;LI>one..&lt;/LI>&lt;LI>two...&lt;/LI>&lt;LI>three..&lt;/LI>&lt;/UL>

instead of

<UL><LI>one..</LI><LI>two...</LI><LI>three..</LI></UL>

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]