[ic] Multiple zone files for shipping?

Mon Jan 28 10:59:59 2002

Quoting Tim Murphy (goombah@netcom.ca):
> Hello,
>
>     Here's the situation: I've created "bastardized" UPS files using Canada
> Post shipping information that is looked up just as with any valid (i.e.
> 450.csv, 2ndDayAir.csv) zone and cost file combo. I know it works as I have
> this running on a Minivend 3.14 catalog (still running!) and a 4.8.1
> catalog. Basically, I have a zone file (and related cost file) for domestic
> shipping, another for US shipping and another for international shipping.
> The other difference is I do a lookup into the shipping tables based on ZIP
> for domestic shipping, the STATE for the US, and the COUNTRY for
> international shipping (this is dictated by the manner in which Canada Post
> determines charges). The 4.8.3 shipping setup is confounding me this time
> around! I tried simply adding a zone directive for each shipping mode and
> modifying the lookup field used for ups-query, to wit:
>
> shipping.asc:
> DOM Canada Domestic weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
> { 'ui_ship_type' => "UPSE:DOM",  'zone' => "domzone", 'ups' => "0",
> 'at_least' => ".5", adder => "3.00" }
> DOM Canada Domestic weight  0       150     f [ups-query zip="[either][value
> zip][or][var SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP][/either]" mode="DOM" weight="@@TOTAL@@"]
>
> PUS Parcel Post US Surface weight  0       0       e Nothing to ship!
> { 'ui_ship_type' => "UPSE:PUS", 'zone' => "uszone", 'ups' => "0", 'at_least'
> => ".5", adder => "3.00" }
> PUS Parcel Post US Surface weight  0       150     f [ups-query
> zip="[either][value state][or][var SHIP_DEFAULT_ZIP][/either]" mode="PUS"
> weight="@@TOTAL@@"]
>
> You can see where I'm trying to use the state value for mode PUS (a poorly
> chosen acronym...) I'll limit the following examples to the DOM mode.
>
> The domzone.csv file looks like this:

You are confusing ups-query with the internal UPS lookup. The [ups-query ...]
tag looks up shipping at www.ups.com and has nothing
to do with any Interchange files.

I would take a long look at the documentation again, and check this month's
archive for a very similar message from last week.

--
Red Hat, Inc., (emailing wirelessly from my laptop, on Perl Whirl
in the Caribbean Ocean) Geek Cruises (www.GeekCruises.com)

Be patient. God isn't finished with me yet.  -- unknown