[ic] Need suggestions for payment module

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Jan 28 16:26:00 2002

Ron Phipps wrote:

> I'd suggest you email them or call them once more and let them know that
> you intend on posting their company name and contact information to the
> list and will tell your side of the story to the public.  Give them the
> opportunity to respond on the list with their side of the story (there
> is always two sides ;).  Call your CC company and decline the charges,
> this is a very easy thing to do and the CC company is on YOUR side.
> File a complaint with the BBB detailing what happened.

We're already working on the decline, and I'm gonna wait on the BBB
complaint for now, we'll see how nasty it gets.  I hope it doesn't
have to go very far.  The first message was sort of the warning,
they haven't been returning phone calls for a couple of weeks
now.

> Which payment processor is this for?  Do they provide a method using
> binary files on the server or does the processor use a secure site to
> post and retrieve information to/from?

It's called "EFSNet" -- the bank that handles our current (card-swipe)
merchant account and verification runs it, they have an XML, SOAP and
cgi API, so it seems pretty flexible.  I've sucessfully run a test
transaction (with the XML API) from a simple form, but I don't know
how to put it in the form of a Perl module for use with IC (like the
AuthorizeNet.pm and such.)

> Cool! Another payment processor will be added to the list, thanks!

If it gets done. :/  I believe in open source and I want to give
back what I can, even if it's only financing someone else to do
a little work.  Every little bit helps, eh?

Thanks,

--J(K)