[ic] Multiple zone files for shipping?

Mon Jan 28 19:06:01 2002

Quoting Tim Murphy (goombah@netcom.ca):
> Hi Mike,
>
>     Yes, in looking through Business::UPS at cpan.org I realized it was time
> to start smacking my head against the wall. Interchange's sophistication is
> leaping ahead, whilst I'm merely striding... :^)  A related question,
> however: where would one insert a "str_length" option in shipping? If I
> could reduce the regular postal code match length from 3 to 2 then I could
> more simply handle state and country codes for lookup into the hacked
> shipping tables.

(I will make one of my rare exceptions in my policy of not replying
to top-quoted messages.)

It is just like any other option, it goes in the eighth tab-separated
field of the shipping line, or as a named parameter in the line-based
shipping file format. It is a normal option string type, i.e.

	{ adder => 3, str_length => 2, ui_ship_type => 'UPSI' }

or even

	adder=3, str_length=2, ui_ship_type=UPSI

--

Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon