[ic] ActionMap & mv_form_profile

JoJo interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 09:42:00 2002

Dear List,

I defined an ActionMap (myaction) in catalog.cfg
It basically handles the cgi values submitted by a form
and sets the mv_nextpage to another page.

I call this action as follows:

<form action="[area myaction]" method="POST">
<input type=text name=field1>
<input type=text name=field2>
<input type=submit name=mv_junk value="Submit Form">
</form>
This all works okay.

However when I add some checking with mv_form_profile things are not what I
expected to be.

When I add these lines to the form:
<input type=hidden name=mv_form_profile value=checkform>
<input type=hidden name=mv_todo value=go>

And set the mv_form_profile like:
[set checkform]
&fail @@MV_PAGE@@
field1=required
field2=required
[/set]

Nothing is checked. The form is directly submitted to 'myaction'.

When I change in the form tag [area myaction] to [area process], and add
&success myaction
to the mv_form_profile , checking is done. However, when all fields are
filled in (thus complying with the required),
I get an error message: 'Sorry, the page (myaction) was not found'.

How is this possible?
Am I missing something here?
(I am running IC4.8.3)

Any help is much appreciated.