[ic] browser detection

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 17:06:05 2002

Interchange User wrote:

> i currently have 132 categories and 19 areas in my store
>
> the category_vertical navigation code was several screenfuls long on the
> left side
>
> so, i use a javascript cascading menu, it displays fine on mac-netscape,
> windows-ie/netscape
>
> it will not display on mac-aol, mac-ie4
> (not my choice to support these, i have to)
> how can i detect browser info with interchange and send back:
>    my javascript body if not Mac
>    the standard category_vertical stuff if Mac

If you would care to provide a valid email address I'd be
happy to tell you how I did the same thing on my site.

I *think* it works with Mac-ie (not sure about mac-aol), but
as the site is still not ready for the public I don't want
to give the url on the list.  Email me directly and I'll
give you the url to check your macs.  If it works I'll
tell you how I did it.

--J(K)