[ic] ProductFiles

Wed Jan 30 19:18:00 2002

> > Why can't interchange use my secondary products data table?
> >
> > Using 4.8.3, this catalogue uses MySQL
> >
> > I can find and sort data using [query] OK
> >
> > I have added:
> >
> > Database  products  products.txt  TAB
> > Database  products2  products2.txt  TAB
> >
> > ProductFiles   products products2
>
> That should do it, assuming you reconfigged the catalog.
>
> > [order 1234 1]Order item in products2[/order] does not find anything
>
> It should indeed find 1234 in the second if it doesn't find it in
> the first. I know this works, as it is in the regression tests.

Have tried for many hours/days now and still no joy.

I thought I would test a second products table with a default foundation
catalogue using DBM instead of MySQL

I copied products.txt to products2.txt
Added a Z in front of all the SKUs

Added to catalog.cfg:
ProductFiles   products products2
Database  products2  products2.txt  TAB

Copied dbconf/default_db/products.dbm to
dbconf/default_db/products2.dbm
This now reads:
Database            products2     products2.txt      TAB
Database            products2     HOT               1
Database            products2     INDEX             category:c

Restarted IC

which created products2.gdb and other files similar to products.txt

Test:

http://www.store.com/cgi-bin/defaultstore/Zos28065.html

Sorry, the page (Zos28065) was not found

Same for ordering; no such product.

What else should I try?
I have minivend 3.16 stores using several product files no problem.

What am I missing to make this work under 4.8.3?

Interchange version - 4.8.3
Perl Version - Perl 5.6.0 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
Database Interfaces -
GDBM available (v1.03)
No Berkeley DB_File.
DBI enabled (v1.18), available drivers: