[ic] Verisign, double, tripe charges, orders not going through IC

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jan 31 00:26:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of cfm@maine.com
>
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 08:12:02PM -0600, Scott Moat wrote:
> > I posted the same title as Ron had on previous posts because I have
the
> same problem.  I am using the verisign payflowpro with the newest
client.
> I am using IC 4.8.3, Red hat 7.1, perl 5.6.0.  I have made numerouse
phone
> calls to verisign but no success.  They keep blaiming IC, but I am not
so
> sure if that is the problem.  Does any one have any thoughts?
>
> Yeah, find a processor that you can work with.

There's more to it then that.  I think it goes beyond Verisign because
when we were having this problem we also received errors in Sendmail and
PGP (which Scott is experiencing as well).  The errors were erratic and
could not be reproduced consistently but they did happen often.  We
ended up going back to IC 4.6.3 where the problem did not occur because
the site was currently live and we could not have these errors
happening.  We are currently building a site on IC 4.8.3 right now on
the same server and hope that the problem does not still exist with a
new build of perl.  Mike's guess was that it was a Perl issue on a
multi-processor machine; we have been unable to verify that as part of
the problem.  Scott, are you running this on an SMP machine?  Which
kernel are you using?  We did have an old perl 5.00503, but as Scott
pointed out they are running the newer perl and still having this
problem.

BTW: Verisign was helpful when I approached them with this problem.
They interpreted the error codes and provided some insight into what may
be going wrong.  They've also been extremely helpful in the past when
money came up missing, even though it was out of their hands.

Any insight to help Scott out would be appreciated, this is not the only
person that had this problem and unfortunately I did not find a fix and
took the easy way out.

Thanks,
-Ron