[ic] AuthorizeNet charging, but order not placed

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 2 18:28:00 2002

> Running IC 4.8.3, with AuthorizeNet.  It seems to work fine most of the
> time, but I've had a few orders with problems.  They get sent to
> AuthorizeNet, which charges them, but the customer never gets to
> the Receipt
> page, and an order is never generated.  Has anyone else experienced this?
> Does anyone have any ideas of why this might happen?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Russell Mann
>
> ______

Do you know what your users are getting instead? 404? errors on page? a
special_pages/foo? page/form refresh?

It sounds like you need to look at your Order Routes. Do you have custome
routes or are you using Default?

Payment Routes and Order Routes are different. I believe it is possible to
pass a transaction through a Payment Route, AND have an Order Route die on
you.

Default will send it to log => main => copy_user. Looking at "Route log" I
see there is no error_ok value. It may be default 0, which will kill the
rest of the route on error. Check if anything is getting added to
transactions or orderline VIA log_transaction. If the orders in question are
not getting that far, I believe you may be getting an error in "Route log".

You may want to look around in your Routes possibly adding

error_ok   1

to "log". I am not sure of the implications, but seeing as it is the first
route, it is a good start.

Paul