[ic] CGI Encoding Removed

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 3 11:12:01 2002

Jason Korkin <jkorkin@korksoft.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> IC 4.8.5
> RH 7.2 Linux
>
> Here is a query string we're using with IC:
> ?cat=Server%20Colocation&caturl=k-colo.html
>
> Its removing the %20 (an encoded space) - any idea how to retain the
> entire encoded string when calling via the [cgi] tag...
>
> ie. [cgi cat] returns Server Colocation, I'd like to have
> Server%20Colocation as this is being passed to another application.

Yes, but IC does URL encoding while generating and decoding URLS,
so that is consistent on the IC part. Apply the encode filter to
the cat parameter before passing it to IC for generating the form
parameter.

Ciao
        Racke

--
Prolific Interchange Consulting (Excellent German Quality !).
Take a look at Materialboerse (http://www.materialboerse.de/), WITT