[ic] Installation help needed...

Mark Jaffe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 3 20:18:00 2002

I have tried a number of times to do the installm, and still need some
hand-holding. The problems all stem from permissions; here are the
environment details:

Mac G3/450 running YellowDog 2.2 (RedHat derivative)
Interchange 4.8.5 installed by root
Apache 1.3. running as user "httpd" which hosts 8 virtual domains.

I want to setup a store for user "abc" who runs a virtual domain
"GeminiManor.com" and when I run "/usr/local/interchange/bin/makecat" it
fails at the point of doing the cgi copy to the cgi-bin directory which is
owned by user httpd. What I suspect is I can manually copy the cgi but what
parts of the "makecat" script did not complete for the new store?

Mark
Mark Jaffe            | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard          | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards      | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@c-wizards.com | http://www. c-wizards.com/

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.