[ic] PHP/Interchange Integration: How do I override default cookie generation to create server-side cookies?

Chris Chaney interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jul 6 17:18:01 2002

I just thought of something and it would save a lot of set up time.
I'll just change the links to link to an inline frame 1px by 1px which
will load the page for the user and set cookies and add a bit of
javascript to the template to link so that after the page is done
longer because the loading is dependant on the entire page instead of
seeing things load plus the html file (but not images) need to be loaded
again...if anyone has better ideas let me know.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Chaney
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2002 11:00 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: [ic] PHP/Interchange Integration: How do I override default
cookie generation to create server-side cookies?

Aloha,

I'm trying to integrate PHP-Nuke and Interchange.  The current solution
is requires me to have interchange set server side cookies which will be
used to identify the user from the URL.

The PHP pages I have pulls Interchange pages and puts them nicely within
a PHP page with PHP headers and footers and code.  However because PHP
tells the server to pulls the page (HTTP request from itself) the user
is actually the server and therefore client cookies cannot be set.  Also
server cookies based on the IP of the user cannot be set (because the
user IS the server).  I can set the links to contain a unique session ID
(based on the PHP-Nuke session ID) but I need a way around the above
problem.

This would need to be everything that uses a cookie from Users to
Products in the Shopping cart, and whatever else I'm not thinking of.

Does anyone have any input?

Thanks,

Chris Chaney