[ic] IP Logging

Sexy Little Devils interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 7 19:13:00 2002

Hi guys/gals,

I'd like to prohibit the same user from creating 2 accounts.  Here is a
thought but if someone can advise the easiest way to do this, I'd appreciate
it.

I'd like to create a table that contains the IP address of all user accounts
(the data in this table will not be removed if the account is).  I would
then like new_account to value check the current IP Address against all that
are in that table.

Current IP Address DOES NOT EXIST:
Proceed with account creation.

Current IP Address DOES EXIST (bounce to another page or display):
"We're sorry, we don't allow multiple accounts" or something to that effect.

Is this possible?  If so, how can I obtain the IP address of a current user.
Once I obtain it, how can I get it into a value of some sort in order to be
written to the database?

I assume I can do [value name="blah" set="[data table='ip_log'
column='address' key='[data session username]']" hide=1] or something like
this.

All the value checking, bounce, etc. I can handle, just need help w/ the IP
Address part.

We're on a MySQL database and I have checked mysql.com (in hopes it was
similar to time/date) but don't see it.  If someone has a faster/better
solution, please advise.

Jim.
www.sexylittledevils.com