[ic] auto-populate and auto_layout problems

NOW Website Coordinator interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 7 20:54:00 2002

I'm setting up a new Interchange 4.8.5 catalog (current Minivend 3.x user),
and having two problems:

1) I can't get auto-populate to work completely. It keeps dying at a
certain point in the populating -- I've modified the database numerous
times to try and figure it out, but I can't find a pattern as to what is
making it die.  I can delete certain records that will allow it to populate
more categories, but it doesn't seem to work completely or point the way to
a fix.  I am using the auto_layout page that Mike Heins sent in an earlier
email message, with the complex search, but that doesn't seem to do it.  I
have some groups with only one category (some work, some don't), some
categories with multiple words (books/adult books, gifts/lapel pins) but
nothing is obvious.

2) The search is not always accurate -- it won't necessarily find an object
in the database, even though I can edit it online or find it via another
search.  The SKU search for it always fails, though.  This happens with a
number of SKUs, but not all.

I am using the default database, and a tab-delimited table (not made in Excel).

Is there a particular character that makes Interchange fail?  A particular
pattern for the group/categories?

Thanks for any help.