Fwd: [ic] newbie help

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jul 9 18:42:01 2002

David Millet wrote:

>hi,
>
>I sent this email earlier today.  Is no one able to help me?
>
>David
>david@adoptionmedia.com
>
>hey sup all,
>
>i'm an interchange newbie and was hopin you guys could help me to my feet.
>
>I have the following code in my index.html file:
>
>[query sql="SELECT DISTINCT prod_group FROM products ORDER BY prod_group"
>prefix=books type=list more=1 ml=10]
>	[list]

>		search=|
>
>		fi=products
>		st=db
>
>		se=[books-param prod_group]
>		op=rm
>		nu=0
>
>		ml=50
>		tf=category
>		to=x

>		br />
>
>	[/list]
>[/query]
>
>so this code dumps out 10 clickable versions of the product groups in the
>database (prod_group).  I

I'm no SQL expert but your query doesn't appear to be touching any DB
but the products database.  What you are indicating below is seems an
aweful lot like the demo site.

> need the code to additionally print out all the
>products in the product group, so that it ends up like this
>
>product group1
>product a, product b, product c, product d,
>
>product group 2
>product e, product f, product g, product h,

Is there a reason you are not using the area database to drive this?
 Take another look at the demo store, I think you'll find exaction what
you are looking for there...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028