[ic] IC 4.8.5 - Text Input Widget - Insight please..

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 10 12:14:01 2002

The Situation:

I need to allow the user to inform us of the name to be put on a
certificate that accompanies an item from our store.

What I Presently have set:

1) I have created the MASTER item in the options table and
enabled it. This a textual reading of the Options Table for the item.

code MSM-002
o_enable  1
Widget type  Select Box
o_width   20

THESE ARE LEFT ALONE -

o_master
Associated item
Option name
o_sort
phantom
Matrix options Non-matrix
Modular options Not modular
o_default
Label
Possible Values
o_footer
o_header
o_height
Description
Price
wholesale
differential
Weight
Volume
mv_shipmode
Exclude
Include

2. ) We then created this item in the OPTIONS TABLE for the
form's text input box

code 000210
Associated item   MSM-002
Option name CERTNAME
o_enable  1
Label   Name on Certificate
Possible Values   SIZE   20    NO
Widget type  Text Entry
o_width   20

THESE ARE LEFT ALONE -

o_master
o_sort
phantom
Matrix options Non-matrix
Modular options Not modular
o_default
o_footer
o_header
o_height
Description
Price
wholesale
differential
Weight
Volume
mv_shipmode
Exclude
Include

The Problem:

Regardless of what I have done the text input box remains at a
SIZE of 60.

I have researched the mailing list -- I found NO SOLUTIONS.
I have read, re-read, and read again the 678 page pdf for
Interchange - NO SOLUTION found.

According to everything I can find the o_width is translated to be
the SIZE for the text option.  When I attempted to edit the "meta"
under o_option - YES it did change the text input size - FOR
EVERYTHING but the input I am trying to create.

What am I missing?  Can one of the Interchange gurus enlighten
me?  I have been struggling with this concept for 3 days currently.

Any help would be appreciated.

BJ Chadduck
MilitaryWives.com   http://www.militarywives.com
1317 Highland Dr