[ic] VAT deduct

Erik Fantasia interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 11 07:41:02 2002

Hello:

First of all -- hats off for such an amazing application!  I'm in the
process of moving over an online store from Intershop v4, and have to say
I'm much more impressed with the features/control available in Interchange.

Anyway, on with the question.  I have imported the items from our database
inclusive of 17.5% UK VAT, and would prefer to keep all prices in the
database VAT inclusive.  Therefore, I need to deduct the VAT for non-EU
customers.  I have tried to do this by setting the tax for these countries
to -17.5%, however this does not seem to work.  What would be the best way
to handle this?

My first guess is to search the region column of the country table, compare
it with the [value country], and embed some perl on the basket/checkout
pages?

Thanks in advance,
-Erik