[ic] Cluster and/or load balancing question

Thu Jul 11 12:08:01 2002

Quoting Bill Carr (bill@worldwideimpact.com):
> > I use a LVS-DR setup like this:
> >
> >           Internet
> >         ----------
> >         | LVS-DR |
> >         ----------
> >       ----------------
> >       |              |
> > ------------    ------------
> > | www/ic 1 |    | www/ic 2 |
> > ------------    ------------
> >       |              |
> >       ----------------
> >         ---------------------
> >         | MySQL/NFS Server  |
> >         ---------------------
> >
> > I would start with this and once you get something like this working
> > consider load balancing or replicating your database. You will have a
> > single point of failure in your database server so through your best and
> > most sturdy hardware at it.
> through should be throw. Sorry for the terrible spelling. I will go get
> coffee now.
>

> > Please go for it and become an expert. I think that there is only myself
> > and Dan Browning that run any kind of rig like this now.

There are more that do that as well, just not people that are
on the list.

--

Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://perusion.com
phone +1.513.523.7621 <mike@perusion.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.