[ic] [shipping]

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 11:35:00 2002

> The way I understang the [shipping] tag: if you use this tag in 4.8.5 it
> will send a request to UPS to get the current default shipping amount.
> Is there a way to get the current value without fetching the information
> from UPS? In otherwords, is the last value of shipping stored in a session
> variable somehow?
>
> I need to test the last value received from UPS without sending another
> request to UPS.

You could call the [shipping] tag once, store the result in a
temporary scratch variable and then display that scratch on your
page as many times as you see fit:

    [tmp postage][shipping][/tmp]
    Postage cost: [scratch postage]<br>
    Repeated for the hard of hearing: [scratch postage]<br>

If you wanted to store the value in the session as a persistent,
rather than as a temporary, scratch then you could use [seti]
instead of [tmp].