[ic] IC 4.8.5 on YDL 2.2, continued problems...

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 13:12:00 2002

At 09:35 AM 7/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Following a suggestion from a while back, I recreated a new catalog and
>restarted the IC server. The message I see on the browser is
>
>"Forbidden
>
>You don't have permission to access /geminicat.cgi/index.html on this
>server."
>

>Looking at the Apache error log, it shows this:
>
>[Sun Jul 14 09:21:46 2002] [error] [client 64.255.68.42] Options ExecCGI
>is off in this directory: /usr2/sites/Gemini/geminicat.cgi
>
>But if I look into the Apache config file, I have indeed set that option
>(even though the directory mentioned IS NOT A REAL DIRECTORY!!)
>
>     <Directory "/usr2/sites/Gemini/geminicat.cgi">
>        AllowOverride None
>         Options ExecCGI
>         Order allow,deny
>         Allow from all
>     </Directory>
>
>Why am I having so many problems? Is anyone else running IC on YDL?
>
>Mark

/usr2/sites/Gemini/geminicat.cgi is not a directory, it is a file. try
changing that path to /usr2/sites/Gemini and restart Apache.

- Ed L.

P.S.: I have one client running YD linux in PowerMacs, I can assure you
that IC will work in that environment, and furthermore I did not find the
setup to be noticeably different than on any other linux system I have
worked with.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax