[ic] IC 4.8.5 on YDL 2.2, continued problems...

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jul 14 15:35:01 2002

At 12:07 PM 7/14/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>On 7/14/02 10:50, "Ed LaFrance" <edl@newmediaems.com> wrote:

> >> I did that. Now I get this error:
> >>
> >> Not Found
> >>
> >> The requested URL /geminicat.cgi/index.html was not found on this server.
> >
> > I'd guess that either: a) the permissions are wrong (should be 755) on
> > geminicat.cgi, or b) there is no file named geminicat.cgi in that path.
> >
> > - Ed L.
> >

>And yes, the perms on /home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi (this is the REAL
>path to CGIs on this server) are indeed 755:
>
>[root@wizdev wizards]# ls -l /home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi
>-rwsr-xr-x    1 alex     alex         8376 Jul 14 09:12
>/home/httpd/cgi-bin/geminicat.cgi

Well then I think that the scriptalias for the domain under which you are
setting this up should point to /home/httpd/cgi-bin - do you have that
configured in httpd.conf? I don't see where your Directory entry above is
going to come into play here.

Perhaps you should start with the basics - get a little 'Hello world' cgi
script working under your httpd setup; there is a simple script that comes
with the Interchange dist called testcgi which should do. When you can get
that working, the interchange catalog should not be far behind.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax