[ic] Error Editing Templates Through Admin UI

Wed Jul 17 09:19:01 2002

Quoting Paul J. Boyes (boyes@eskimo.com):
> Hello,
>
> I am getting the error "search error: your search file a valid database
> reference, was 'backup'" when editing templates throught the admin UI.  I
> have seen many posts regarding this, but still don't understand what is
> causing the problem.  Here is what happens:
>
> 1) Installed interchange 4.8.5 using MySQL db
> 2) Set up foundation store
> 3) Start customizing it
> 4) Edit leftonly temple using the page editing functionality in the Admin
> section
> 5) Edit and Preview until everything looks good
> 6) Try to save template
>
> Results:   Get the above mentioned error in the error.log and changes to
> template are not saved.
>
> I am very new to using interchange, so any info you can provide on what is
> causing this, would be greatly appreciated.

I think this is caused by a spurious "backup" entry somewhere in
the page_editor files. I thought we fixed this in 4.8.3 though....

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon