[ic] blocking customers

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 18 20:53:00 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Interchange Admin wrote:

IA>>A lot of customers that use this site do not have credit cards as
IA>>they are "kids", so we had to allow for "money orders".  This is
IA>>where the trouble starts.  We usually give the person two weeks to
IA>>send in the money.  Then a couple of nagmails.  Then the item is
IA>>returned to available status.  This is a month or so of time that
IA>>the item can not be sold to someone that will actually pay for it!

I also allow for cash, checks, and money orders. I don't ship until the
money is in hand. I added a category to the 'status' of 'waiting for check'
In Outlook Express I made a category 'Orders - Pending' and I drop the order
in there. My order numbers consist of the date and a sequential number. They
have to put their order number on the payment. When the payment comes in I
look up the order number and process it.

It works nicely and I'm not out any money. I don't run any accounts
receivable. It's all cash (or credit cards) on the barrelhead.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 20:45 PM:
Tagline (n): 1) High technology bumper sticker.

This Linux System has been up 216 hours