[ic] blocking customers

Jeff Fearn interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 19 00:48:00 2002

--snip--
>A lot of customers that use this site do not have credit cards as
>they are "kids", so we had to allow for "money orders".  This is
>where the trouble starts.  We usually give the person two weeks to
>send in the money.  Then a couple of nagmails.  Then the item is
>returned to available status.  This is a month or so of time that
>the item can not be sold to someone that will actually pay for it!
--snip--

Perhaps you could just have a policy of holding the order for 2 weeks, then
putting the stock back on the shelf, but keep the order around for another 2
weeks. That way you will be able to honour most orders, and only have stock
waiting for a short time. It would be possible for someone to order, pay
late, and miss out on an item, but it would probably be rare; and you can at
worst give them a part refund.

Jeff.