[ic] Interesting Failure Reading Scratch Variables from Session

John Young interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 19 16:51:01 2002

I had written:
> > In a nutshell, due to either my patches for mod_interchange for Solaris
> > lacking something in socket handling, possibly needed socket-related
> > patches for Solaris, or possibly needed patches or a different method of
> > compiling Apache, the socket IC is reading is prematurely closed when
> > Apache suffers an EBADF (bad file number) and IC establishes a new
> > connection and a new session.  That is, I think.  I could be wrong, of course.
> >
> > Since I don't seem to have a problem without broken links, and since
> > my Solaris boxes are only for development (my Linux installations are
> > more important at the moment), I'm going to let this sit for now.  I'll check
> > on it again as I upgrade my Solaris versions and Apache.

Kevin replied:
> Could you send your mod_interchange patches to me, or to this list,
> so I could take a look at them for you.  Maybe I could spot something
> that you've missed.  Which version of mod_interchange did you patch?

1.21, but I didn't patch it after your release - I was referring to those minor
things that you and I worked on just to get it to compile on Solaris a
few months back (AF_LOCAL, etc.).  Sorry to mislead.  I meant that in the original
go-around those additions did get it to compile, but there might be some
slight, subtle addition required for complete functionality... and unfortunately
my socket programming knowledge is minimal (so it could take quite a while).
It would probably also be good to get additional validation of the problem
from another site using mod_interchange on Solaris so that we know it isn't
something funny I did compiling Apache, etc.

-John Young