[ic] Perl Cart Maniuplation

Erik Fantasia interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 22 07:58:03 2002

I'm at the moment doing various things on the basket page with some perl,
such as:

my $cart = $Carts->{main};
my $count = 0;

foreach $item (@cart) {

}

Now one of the things I would like to do is allow customers to forward order
items not currently in stock by including a separate line in the basket with
the quantity to be ordered.  I've worked out that an identical line can be
added in the loop with:

splice (@{$Carts->{main}},$count,1,$item); # NB: $count++ precedes

However, then when i try to adjust any of the properties of this new nested
hash, ie:

$Carts->{main}[$count]{mv_ip} = $count;

The new hash remains unchanged from the original $items hashref!

Any clues?

Thanks,

/Erik