[ic] creating foundation demo using mysql

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 22 16:37:05 2002

At 01:23 PM 07/22/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am new to RH Interchange and am having problems creating a MySql
>database using makecat.  I am using Interchange 4.8.5 on RH 7.2.  The
>makecat attempts to use mysqladmin to create the database but it fails to
>use the correct username and password I specify.  Does anybody know where
>I can force it to use the correct username and password with
>mysqladmin?  Or, is there a better way of doing this?

I recommend you create an empty database for your IC catalog beforehand,
then use a grant statement to set up access for the IC catalog. Loggedin to
mysql as the mysql admin, this is as easy as:

         mysql> create database foo;
         mysql> grant all privileges on foo.* to foouser@localhost
identified by 'foopasswd';

Then run makecat, give it the name of the database and the username and
password for access, but answer 'no' *both* times it asks you if you want
makecat to create/setup the database. When you restart IC it should build
the tables for your catalog.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax