[ic] Question about image directories

Philip Alves interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 24 12:12:01 2002

> "Philip Alves" <philthy@sympatico.ca> writes:
>
> > Hello all!
> >
> > I think I may have a brain cramp and screwed up image placement.
Basically,
> > I'm developing a B2B storefront and have others working on getting the
> > images to me.  I'm using the foundation demo as a base and things have
been
> > going realtively smoothly until now.
> >
> > The foundation demo has the images in the html document space here:
> > /zarb/www/foundation/images
> >
> > This is where the brain cramp comes in.  I asked the person doing the
images
> > to place them here:  /zarb/files/images
> >
> > There are over 18000 images total, and this would be a big move if
that's
> > what it came down to.  Any way to fool Interchange into thinking that
where
> > the images are is actually  '/zarb/www/foundation/images' ?
>
> Tons :-;
>
> 1) Make a Symlink
> 2) Configure an alias in Apache
>
> Actually moving these images wouldn't be very hard.
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

Racke, thanks for the advice!  Thing is, I'm new to both Apache and Linux
and therefore have no idea what I should do here.  Do I make a Symlink AND
configure an alias in Apache, or just one or the other?

Also, I found this in the archives about symlinks:

##  telnet to

##  /local_path/catalogs/your_cat

##  and create a symlink by entering:

##  ln -s /local_path/html_directory/your_cat/images images

>From here:
http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-June/009039.h
tml

Any suggestions?