[ic] "...charged 0 tax"

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jul 24 21:12:01 2002

Kari Suomela wrote:

>I have set the store location etc. into CA (Canada) and all Canadian
>provinces taxable. At the chekout AB is the 'default' province, which
>is ok. However, if a customer enters for example ON (Ontario) IC
>flashes a message claiming there will be 0 tax, which is incorrect. The
>correct tax gets applied, but the message is misleading to say the
>least. How do I eliminate it, or make it only pop up when appropriate?
>
>I found the section in checkout.html, but don't know where IC reads the
>info from.

You've double posted your last two messages, please stop.

Go to the admin UI and under tables choose state and then look for
Canada, there you'll see the source row...  In my case, the tax for
Ontario, Canada is zero because I haven't loaded any tax data and I
presume that this is the standard data shipped with IC during the
makecat operation...

Barry

--

Barry Treahy, Jr  *  Midwest Microwave  *  Vice President & CIO

E-mail: Treahy@mmaz.com * Phone: 480/314-1320 * FAX: 480/661-7028