[ic] Pee-Poor Documentation Rant

TGroup interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 25 13:08:01 2002

>how about Red Hat setting up a space on their server for "Documentation"?

>The email lists are great for finding another person that has the same
problems as you do, but when it comes to documentation, you
still have to wade through the email.  It is frankly a waste of time.

>Since this is free, I don't expect Red Hat to write a manual to hold your
hand while you go through this process, but that >means the
>users could if they wanted to.  (Or perhaps Osborne or McGraw-Hill or Sams
has a book about IC?  Does anyone >know?  I did a search on the InterNet for
"InterChange" the other day, but nothing like this came back.)

Redhat has had the info there for quite a while at:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/documentation.html
Kevin Walsh has an exhaustive compilation at:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/index.html
There's a very helpful forum at:  http://www.interchangeville.com

But you'll still come back to the mailing list, because there is always
something unique happening that you won't find answers to in other places.
Dig in.  Everybody else does.
Harry Governick
Artistic Director
TheatrGROUP, Inc.