[ic] Newbie q - help with [query] for multi-table report

Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jul 25 18:04:01 2002

I know just enough to get myself into trouble it seems.  I need help with
the correct tag syntax to create a report.  The code follows, but here's the
scoop in case any of it isn't clear:  I need to create a report that lists
each product sku and every purchaser and quantity ordered, etc.  Eventually,
I'll create a report page where I can enter the sku, and all the buyers and
quantities ordered will come out in a printable list.  For now, I just need
it to work on any level.  (but suggestions for the latter are also
appreciated.).

Here's the code I have.  Can you tell me where I need to go from here?

[query sql="SELECT orderline.code, orderline.sku, orderline.quantity,
orderline.subtotal, transactions.lname, transactions.fname,
transactions.status, transactions.comments FROM orderline, transactions
WHERE orderline.order_number = transactions.order_number ORDER BY
orderline.sku, transactions.lname"
      type=list
      more=1
        ml=50]

   [on_match]Matched<br>[/on_match]
      [no_match]Not Found<br>[/no_match]
      [list]
        [sql-param orderline.code] [sql-param transactions.lname] [whatever
tags are supposed to go here...?]<BR>
      [/list]
      [more_list]
        [more]
      [/more_list]
   [/query]

I can get it to work if I only look information up from one table.  (But
it's also dumb luck with the [sql-tags] in the [list] tag...I'm just copying
from the documentation.)  I tried [sql-"some_field_name"], but it doesn't
always work...whereas [sql-param "some_field_name"] seems to.  It all falls
apart when I try to add another table.
Thanks so much,
Jordan

PS-I don't need the orderline code field.  I was just trying desperately to
get my query to return SOMETHING.  I also tried "SELECT *, * from...", but
that didn't seem to help.

Donate to the Troubadour Theater Company - without spending a dime!!
Save money on Long Distance, Internet, or cell phone service.  A portion of
the proceeds are donated to Troubadour
http://www.excelir.com/thesavage