[ic] Separate admin area

Fri Jul 26 09:46:02 2002

Quoting Kevin Flynn (interchange@celticlinks.com):
> Is it possible to have 2 totally separate administration systems where you
> can designate ic catalogs to use a one admin area or the other.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it easy? Yes, No, or Maybe. 8-)

Depends on what you mean by "totally different". You can override
the page directory trivially. You can provide a different TemplateDir
on a catalog-by-catalog basis. You can override UI_STD_HEAD
and other variables on a catalog-by-catalog bases.

I wrote a little monograph on customizing the UI which is still
mostly apropos:

    http://interchange.redhat.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2000-November/001646.html

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails.  -- Abraham Maslow