[ic] redirect IC pages while constructing site

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 26 11:41:00 2002

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> "Aaron Hazelton" <aaronmail@hazenet.net> writes:
>
> > I know, this is probably Apache, but in all the apache stuff
> > on the web, I cannot figure out a way to redirect pages that
> > are coming off of a cgi script.  Changing directories or
> > individual files is easy, but does anybody know if there is a
> > way to make all of IC dirs just go to "domain.com/index.html"?
>
> What do you mean with "all of IC dirs" ? You probably looking
> for AliasMatch.
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

What I mean is that on a temp basis (when uploading the new
files) I would like to have any requests for "domain.com/cgi-bin/
cart.cgi/anypage....." to get redirected to "domain.com/index.html"
which would be a construction notice page.  The redirect and
rewrite allows you to do this for a file or dir, but does not appear
to work on a url with /cgi-bin/cart.cgi/...  I think alias is if you are
moving something or want it to appear like a different location.  I
just didn't want people to see the "broken down" site.

Has anyone done this, or just let people see the down site while
changing it?

Aaron