[ic] redirect IC pages while constructing site

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 26 12:13:01 2002

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> "Aaron Hazelton" <aaronmail@hazenet.net> writes:
>
> > Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> > > What do you mean with "all of IC dirs" ? You probably looking
> > > for AliasMatch.
> > >
> > > Ciao
> > >         Racke
> > >

> > What I mean is that on a temp basis (when uploading the new
> > files) I would like to have any requests for "domain.com/cgi-bin/
> > cart.cgi/anypage....." to get redirected to "domain.com/index.html"
> > which would be a construction notice page.  The redirect and
> > rewrite allows you to do this for a file or dir, but does not appear
> > to work on a url with /cgi-bin/cart.cgi/...  I think alias
> is if you are
> > moving something or want it to appear like a different location.  I
> > just didn't want people to see the "broken down" site.
>
> RedirectMatch ^/cgi-bin/cart.cgi.* http://yourserver.com/index.html
>
> Ciao
>         Racke

For any interested, the redirects just don't seem to work with IC.
I have tried everything I have found on the web with no success. I
must have done 50 diff combinations. aahhh!!

Racke, thanks for replying though off-topic!

Aaron Hazelton
Hazenet.net