[ic] Hooks into authorization

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 26 15:05:00 2002

>    I want to keep a record of transactions *outside* of interchange in a
> another database. Specifically, I want to maintain a database of the
> transaction amount. Are there any hooks in the code that I can use for
> this purpose? If not, could someone give a quick pointer to where in the
> code I could go to implement such a thing?

You could add some code to your etc/log_transaction file to add a
record to your external table.

You will have to set up a table description in a file under your
"dbconf" directory, defining the DSN/username/password/columns etc.
otherwise Interchange won't know how to use your table.

If your table exists and you set up a dbconf file, make sure you
also create an empty products/tablename.sql file.  This will stop
Interchange from attempting to drop/recreate the external table.

Also remember to restart/reconfig when you have finished making
your configuration changes.