[ic] Hooks into authorization

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jul 26 20:08:01 2002

> > >    I want to keep a record of transactions *outside* of interchange in a
> > > another database. Specifically, I want to maintain a database of the
> > > transaction amount. Are there any hooks in the code that I can use for
> > > this purpose? If not, could someone give a quick pointer to where in the
> > > code I could go to implement such a thing?
> > >
> > You could add some code to your etc/log_transaction file to add a
> > record to your external table.
> >
> > You will have to set up a table description in a file under your
> > "dbconf" directory, defining the DSN/username/password/columns etc.
> > otherwise Interchange won't know how to use your table.
> >
> > If your table exists and you set up a dbconf file, make sure you
> > also create an empty products/tablename.sql file.  This will stop
> > Interchange from attempting to drop/recreate the external table.
> >
> > Also remember to restart/reconfig when you have finished making
> > your configuration changes.
>
> Thank you, I think this is what I need. Is the etc/log_transaction
> something that is normally accessible by a store administrator? Where
> can I go to read up on this aspect?

The "log_transaction" file is in the site's "etc" directory so yes,
you should have full permission to edit this file in any way that
suits your purpose.  The file will be called from one of your Routes,
usually the "log" route, which is usually defined in your site's
catalog.cfg file.

See the "Order Routing" section of the "Interchange Database" document.
Apart from the mention in that document, there's no specific
documentation that covers the log_transaction file; That file simply
contains Interchange tags.  Look at the "Interchange Tags Reference"
documentation if any of the existing file's contents trouble you.
Ask here if you have any further questions.