[ic] strange component error in UI

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 29 09:32:01 2002

Jonathan Clark wrote:

> > I just noticed a problem with the component
> > selection in the admin UI.  I have totally
> > re-done the pages/templates for a catalog,
> > and when uploading all of the above to the
> > proper dirs, everything looks perfect.
> >
> > But, when you go to the UI and edit a page,
> > one or two of the first components will say
> > "no component" but the drop down
> > contains nothing.  In addition,  when viewing
> > the store pages, they are VERY messed up.
> >
> > By re-uploading the pages again via ftp, it is ok.
> > but you cannot do anything in the UI
> >
> > anyone had this happen? I have checked the
> > components, they are all there, should be no
> > problem with the UI seeing them, and they
> > show up when viewing the pages after up-
>
> The names of the components in the drop-downs come directly from the
> component files. Check to make sure that the line
>
> ui_component: <component name>
>
> is on a line of its own. Also check to make sure the name
> here is exactly
> the filename of the template.
>
> Jonathan
> Webmaint.

I have verified that that is there.  I have taken the foundation
components and just copied them and changed the content.
also, keep in mind that SOME of the components show up
in the drop downs in the UI, it is only the first one or two that
show up with nothing.  That lead me to believe it is something
with the template or the page itself.  here's whats in the
templates:

      [include file="templates/components/[control component
search_boxes]" group="vertical"][control]

and in the pages:

  [control-set]
    [component]shortcuts[/component]
  [/control-set]