[ic] Newbie: options problem with recalculate/checkout

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jul 29 10:48:01 2002

At 09:27 AM 7/29/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>It looks like my previous message did not arrive at the group so let me try
>again.
>
>In the shopping cart screen, I can specify the options of the product that I
>want to buy. After clicking recalculate/checkout however the options are
>lost. Adding the [dump] tag to the shopping cart page shows an error:
>'Invalid option combination'.
>
>I found out that problem occurs not only in the database with our own data,
>but also in the default example store with data provided by interchange; for
>example, the 'trim brush' allows options 'handle color: beige/white/black'
>and 'bristle type: syntethic/camel hair'.
>
>I've searched the manuals and online for a solution, however no luck so far.
>I did however find out that the online live demo of interchange (with the
>same data set as the example store) does not show this problem. My conclusion
>is that the problem must be in the configuration of interchange itself rather
>than in the data set. A fresh install of redhat and interchange does not
>solve the problem.
>
>I've been going crazy over this problem, is there anyone who knows what is
>going on? What mysterious setting do I need to change to make things work?
>
>grtz

What IC version are you running, and on what platform? I just tried your
test on 4.8.3, RH 7.1 with gdbm tables and everything worked fine with the
Trim Brush options in the foundation demo.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax