[ic] Session Dropping in High and Low Traffic modes

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Jun 4 19:06:01 2002

At 03:51 PM 6/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>4.8.5
>RedHat 7.2
>
>Hello,
>
>I have been having a problem with session dropping totally randomly when
>my catalog is in either High or Low Traffic modes.  When I put it in RPC
>mode the session problem goes away, but then I am getting Signio errors (I
>would imagine I could fix this).
>
>I have scoured the mailing lists and documentation and it looks like most
>session problems result from bouncing back and forth from SSL.  The
>problem I am having occurs without ever entering SSL.
>
>I have echoed out [data session id] throughout the outer templates
>(LEFTRIGHT_TOP, etc.), and the correct Session ID always appears on the
>actual pages so I am not sure where session is being changed.
>
>The problem is also not caused by missing hidden session id form elements
>as session gets changed by clicking on regular links (all using the [area]
>tag) so I am at a total loss.
>
>Has anybody else experienced a problem like this?
>
>Any help is as always much appreciated!
>
>- Michael

Do you have cookies enabled in your browser?  How are you testing for the
session to be dropped?  Do you mean a new session id is generated all of a
sudden?

I assume that there is nothing in the error.log's then?  What is your
perl/modules versions?  Care to try upgrading?

A few ideas, good luck,

| Dan Browning, Kavod Technologies <db@kavod.com>
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
                 -- Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"