[ic] Session Dropping in High and Low Traffic modes

Tue Jun 4 20:03:01 2002

At 04:26 PM 6/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Sorry for not following the string of emails, the computer I am on does
>not receive the User Group emails.
>
>Thanks for the followup Dan.
>
>Yes, I do have cookies enabled. I have been testing it (along with our
>client at their facility) by clicking around and echoing out [data session
>id] throughout the site.
>
>Yes, a new session ID is generated, but it is totally random. There is
>unfortunately nothing in the error logs.
>
>We have downloaded all of the latest Perl modules as of 10 days ago from CPAN.
>
>Any other ideas???

What type of session tracking are you using (db, sql, file)? Is it possible
that your session dataspace is getting wiped somehow? I know that with
file-based sessions rm -rf yourcat/session/* will basically blow everyone's
session away.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax