[ic] Importing tables -- categories

Dave Turk interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 00:49:01 2002

Hi All,
I have a couple of carts up and going finally, with the help of all of you!
I need to import more products as well as categories.
I am using XLS format and when I import using the table import utility in
the admin section I find that I need to import the area and cat tables
seperately and reorder the sort numbers, what a pain!! Is there a way to use
the table import feature that is used in the wizard without loosing all
the changes made to various pages of the site, or is there simply a better
way to do things? How about if the customer wanted to add products
themselves? They would never be able to do it.
I don't have much hair left.
Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Dave Turk