[ic] collecting CC information

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 15:19:01 2002

> Behalf Of Jess Van Tassell
> IC 4.8.4 running on RedHat 7.2 with Perl 5.6.1 Foundation
> store, barely
> modified.
>
> My customer is using ecommerce to expand their
> brick-and-mortar business.
> They do not wish to have credit cards processed over the
> internet, they
> want to run them by hand in the store. They do not want the
> CC# emailed to
> them, they just want it avalilble in the `Orders' interface.
> They want a
> person to be able to order by CC, have IC email them to say a
> new order is
> in, then go to `Orders' to pick up the information.

unless you custom write some pages, I don't think you will be getting
the cc info from the UI, not if it was encrypted when entered.  IC
emails the
encrypted cc info to the 'order email' that is set in variable.txt

> As far as I can tell, as long as the # is encrypted before it
> is stored,
> and the Admin UI is on a secure server, information is
> protected and life
> is good. I'd like input from someone more experienced on that though.

I have a store doing just that.  No online gateway, run the cards
offline.
Everything works just fine that way for us.  You just need to use a
program
to allow the workstation user to decrypt the cc block and he must have
access to the secret key passphrase.

> If someone could point me to chapters in the docs or emails in the
> archives, that would be great. Any new input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Jess
> Virtual Horizons Networks

  _____