[ic] table drive component template for complex searches

Barry Treahy, Jr. interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 15:12:01 2002

I need to create a component for page construction, preferably table
driven, what will allow for choices to be made from radio, check box,
and entered values.  There are enough similarities between our product
lines that being table driven could make this task much simpler in the
long run.

An subset example from one of our product lines would need these types
of choices:

Frequency:
    * All
    O 26.5 Ghz
    O 18.0 Ghz
    O 12.4 Ghz
    O 11.0 Ghz

Power Rating:
    * 2 watts
    O 5 watts
    O 10 watts

Interface Genders:
    * Male/Female
    O Female/Female
    O Male/Male

Low VSWR:    [  ]

Attenuation value:  ______

And then with the input from this dynamically created form, a search
would need to be constructed to scan through the products table.  A side
note, the intent isn't to search for a precise hit through  a
description or title column as individual metric columns for each
parameter exist, but rather reduce the 30,000 SKU's and infinite choice
combinations down to a manageable few SKU's and then present those SKU's
to the prospective buyer.

Before I attempt to do something that has already been created by
someone else who wouldn't mind sharing their efforts, has any one done
any thing like this?

Can anyone provide a push start on this or at least a recommended
direction to head?

Regards,

Barry