[ic] cloning a catalog or uprooting and placing elsewhere

S. Wong interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Jun 6 23:35:01 2002

Hello all,

Was wondering what steps I may have missed during cloning of a catalog I've
customized (new items/pages) and placed on a different virtual host.

Here's what I've done ...

I've edited interchange.cfg to copy the Catalog entry I've cloned and changed
everything to the new  : new_catalog /path/to/cgi-bin/new_catalog
/cgi-bin/newstore ... and I've copied over the /cgi-bin/old_catalog to
/path/to/cgi-bin/new_catalog and everything in the store directory ... made
certain all variables were changed to the new, cloned the mysql db and made sure
same user had access to the new_db.  Even did mysql connect to new_db to make
sure.  Started interchange ... it called the new_catalog fine but when I try to
access the new catalog, I get the 'busy page.'  I looked at the interchange log
and can't find anything.  I'm thinking I missed something.  Or should I always
do makecat?  How do I save from having to recreate the db?  And I'd also like to
not have to re-edit the html/templates ... how do I just "drop them in"?

Thanks in advance. :-)
--
Ciao ?:-)
Shirlyn, the WebPrincess