[ic] CC Encryption

Michael Baird interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 11 21:52:01 2002

Yes, but putting a wrapper around it and having it do nasty things is quite
easily done you see, since the interchange cgi handles the actual encryption
of the card, in reality sending the credit card info over the internet is
dangerous business period. Obviously no one wants to be insecure, however I
wasn't requesting that this be the defacto standard just as an option, as it
was apparently earlier in the history of Interchange/Minivend. As I said
earlier, I don't need the reasons why it's evil and the like as I stated, if
you don't know how to do it that's fine, say you don't know, or propose a
better way of handling this, I'm all for it, but requiring the customers to
install PGP (if possible) is a sure way to stop this cart from being adopted
by all but the most hardcore geeks (who probably wouldn't need a canned
shopping cart in the first place). Thanks to those who proposed some
constructive solutions and know the realities of dealing with the public.

Regards
MIKE