[ic] uploading excel file in wizard - question not addressed in archives

Sonjia Murphy interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 12 19:30:00 2002

Have you tried uploading the file directly to the appropriate directory
through your control panel (assuming you have one) or FTP?  When I
update my products spreadsheet, I usually just download
the "products.txt" file and open it in Excel.  When I am done with the
changes, I save it in TEXT format and then just upload it to the same
directory, overwriting the file that's already there.  Of course, I
make a backup copy of the file before I overwrite it. :)

> I am TRYING to use the wizard to set up my storefront.  I'm doing
this after
> many attempts at entering info only to have it NOT show up.
> The wizard seemed to be the answer.  At the products part of the
wizard, I
> downloaded the spreadsheet, filled it out and saved it, and clicked
on the
> browse button to upload it.  It all seems to be okay until I get to
> "Finish".
>
> At this point, I get a fatal error message telling me there is no
such file.
> It IS there.  I even tried uploading the spreadheet into my "upload"
folder.
> It gets there, but then the wizard doesn't see it.  I've clicked on
the
> file-name IN the wizard to upload it immediately.  It does upload
> something,but it's a blank file.
>
> It seems like such a simple thing.  I would have been so much happier
if I
> could simply start with a blank cart with step by step instructions.
But by