[ic] Taxation problem

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 13 12:48:01 2002

At 03:26 PM 06/13/2002 +0300, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a bit of a problem. I am supposed to make a catalog where you choose
>if you are a private or company customer. Privates have 22% VAT on the
>products
>they buy, companies have none. This is relatively easy to solve, except
>that I
>am supposed to do it using a single product line (it's easily solvable with
>duplicate product lines with differing prices/tax groups). Any suggestions?
>
>Ville Johansson

I can only offer general guidelines since you did not provide more specific
info. Take a look at the SalesTax directive for catalog.cfg. It is commonly
set to a geographical indicator like state or postal code, but it could
just as easy be set to the field in your userdb which indicates whether the
customer is an individual or a company. A simple entry in salestax.asc
takes care of the calculation, just follow the example of what is there now.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax